For more than 20 years, BYU Student Alumni has sponsored the largest food drive in Utah County. In 2012, BYU began teaming up with Utah Valley University to collect food and monetary donations for those in our community living in hunger.
All donations go to Community Action Services, which can use its leverage to turn each dollar donated into 3 meals for a family of four or 15 pounds of food.
Here's How You Can Help
- Donate online or @byustudentalumni on Venmo.
- Donate money at the BYU Store, Cougareat, or Creameries on campus.
- Drop off non-perishable food in bins across campus.
- Participate in the second annual Y RUN?
On November 19, participants will commit to NOT run and post pictures of themselves doing anything but running to be entered to win great prizes. Sign up, kick off your running shoes, and relax!
Food Drive Volunteer Opportunities
Sign up on our Volunteer Sheet to help out at any (or all) of the events.
- Food Blitz | November 10 @ 6:30-8:30pm & November 16 @ 6:30-8:30pm: Volunteers will go door to door across Provo to collect food donations.
- Grocery Stores | November 13 @ 10am-4pm & November 15 @ 4-8pm: Volunteers will collect donations outside of local grocery stores.
- Food Barrels | November 5 - November 19: We will collect non-perishable food donations in campus bins across campus.